Friday, November 17, 2006

Summer wind was always our song...

I went to see the ataris tonight, which was cool, they played several new songs all of which were quite enjoyable. The show in general was wierd, it was at Catholic U and there were only like 50-75 people there, more than half of which weren't really into it. Kris also refused to play "Your Boyfriend Sucks," "Teenage Riot," and "Boys of Summer," and voiced his opinion that the first two were two of his least favorite songs he's written, and that the Eagles want to be paid for them playing Boys of Summer. The crowd was actually pretty lackluster until the last 5 or 6 songs. They did the whole slow solo beginning to San Dimas with the band coming in at the end, which was pretty cool. Oh yeah and there are now only two people who were in the band on the last album still in the band.

It was kind of wierd I noticed that there may only be two types of Catholic U girls, the slightly plump and the very young and dressed to get fucked, although both groups seem to love the most uncomfortable looking heels, especially for a rock show. McD and I had a joking discussion about how I was going to wake up in some random girl's dorm room, needless to say that stayed a joke.

The other kind of wierd thing that I saw there, was this girl who was an uncanny combination of two other girls I know. It was like, if one feature didn't look like one it looked EXACTLY like the other. It was almost as if she was their offspring, if she didn't seem older than one of them, and they weren't both female. She was pretty cute, but it was kinda creepy.

Oh and no one but me will ever realize how ironic it was that they opened the show with "Summer Wind was Always our Song."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home